TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege Credit Card Review
In a world of endless credit card options, finding the perfect card that suits your needs can be a daunting task. Today, we’ll be taking a closer look at the TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege credit card, a premium travel rewards card tailored for frequent flyers and luxury travelers. With a generous rewards program, extensive travel benefits, and a few added perks, this card aims to make your travel experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible. But does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive into the details and find out.
At its core, the TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege credit card is built around the Aeroplan rewards program, which allows cardholders to earn Aeroplan points on their everyday purchases. For every dollar spent, you’ll earn:
- 1.5 Aeroplan points on eligible grocery, gas, drugstore, and aircanada.com purchases
- 1.25 Aeroplan points on all other purchases
While the earning rates are not groundbreaking, they are still quite competitive compared to other travel rewards cards on the market.
To sweeten the deal, new TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege cardholders can earn a sign-up bonus of up to 110,000 Aeroplan Points for a limited time with the following criteria:
- Earn a welcome bonus of 20,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase with your new card
- Earn an additional 60,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $7,500 within 180 days of Account opening
- Plus, earn an anniversary bonus of 35,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $12,000 within 12 months of Account opening
The TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege card comes with a $599 annual fee, which is on par with other premium travel credit cards. This may seem steep for some, but the card’s benefits and perks can easily offset the cost if you’re a frequent traveler or Air Canada loyalist. Additionally, supplementary cards are available for $199 each.
As a premium travel card, the TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege offers a range of benefits designed to make your travel experience more enjoyable and stress-free. Some notable travel benefits include:
- Priority Check-in and Boarding: Enjoy priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling on Air Canada flights.
- Maple Leaf Lounge Access: Cardholders receive unlimited access to Air Canada’s Maple Leaf Lounges in North America, as well as partner lounges worldwide.
- Priority Airport Services: Breeze through security with priority security lanes at select Canadian airports.
- Annual Companion Pass: Receive a companion pass for an eligible round-trip flight within North America after spending $25,000 annually on the card.
- Travel Insurance: Comprehensive travel insurance package, including emergency medical, trip cancellation/interruption, baggage loss/delay, and more.
- NEXUS Rebate: Receive a statement credit of up to $100 CAD every 48 months for a NEXUS application or renewal fee.
Aeroplan points can be redeemed for a variety of rewards, including flights, hotels, car rentals, merchandise, and more. However, the most valuable redemptions are typically found when booking flights on Air Canada or one of its Star Alliance partners.
The revamped Aeroplan program now uses a dynamic pricing model, with the number of points required for a flight based on various factors, including demand and route. While this introduces some uncertainty in redemption value, you can still find excellent value if you’re flexible with your travel dates and destinations.
Air Canada’s extensive network, along with its Star Alliance partnerships, provides cardholders with a wide range of destinations to choose from. Additionally, Aeroplan points do not expire as long as you remain an active member, giving you the flexibility to save up for that dream vacation.
The TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege card also comes with a few additional perks that enhance its overall value:
- Mobile Device Insurance: The card offers up to $1,000 coverage for your mobile devices against loss, theft, or accidental damage, providing peace of mind for those inevitable mishaps.
- Purchase Security and Extended Warranty: Receive 90 days of protection against loss, theft, or damage on new purchases made with the card, and double the manufacturer’s warranty for up to one additional year.
- Global Airport Concierge: Enjoy complimentary 24/7 personalized assistance at over 450 airports worldwide, including expedited immigration and customs clearance, baggage assistance, and more.
- Visa Infinite Privilege Benefits: As a Visa Infinite Privilege card, cardholders have access to exclusive benefits such as luxury hotel and dining experiences, curated events, and dedicated concierge service.
Who is this card for?
The TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege credit card is best suited for frequent travelers, particularly those who are loyal to Air Canada and its partners. The extensive travel benefits, generous sign-up bonus, and competitive rewards earning rates make it a compelling option for those who can maximize its potential.
However, if you’re not a frequent traveler or Air Canada is not your preferred airline, the $599 annual fee may be hard to justify, and you might be better off considering a different travel rewards card with a lower annual fee or one that offers more flexibility in rewards redemption.
The TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege credit card is undoubtedly a solid choice for frequent flyers and Air Canada loyalists. With a comprehensive suite of travel benefits, competitive earning rates, and added perks, it offers significant value for those who can take advantage of its features.
However, the $599 annual fee is not for everyone. If you are an infrequent traveler or not particularly loyal to Air Canada, you may want to explore other travel rewards credit cards that better align with your needs and preferences. Ultimately, the decision comes down to your travel habits, preferred airline, and how much you value the benefits and rewards offered by the TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege credit card.
Finances.ca Earns Commissions From Some Products, See Our Disclaimer For Information.